Today, 49.49 Argentine Pesos are worth 2.86 Dollars, ie, $a49.49 = $2.86. That's because the current exchange rate, used to convert to Dollars, is 0.06. So, to make Argentine Peso to Dollar conversion, you just need to multiply the amount in ARS by 0.06, the currency rate today.
Learn how to get the best Argentinian exchange rate before exchanging your money
The Argentine Peso is the official Argentinian currency. ARS/USD represents the value of Argentinian money in American money and it is called the 'exchange rate' or 'forex rate'. This exchange rate from Argentine Peso to US Dollar is today at 0.058.
As an example, suppose you are from New york or in Los Angeles United States and you travel to Buenos Aires Argentina. There, you need to get 1000 Argentine Pesos ($a) at a Buenos Aires bank to pay your hotel. In this case you would pay 0.058 * 1000 = 58 US Dollars ($). But, in practice, you will pay more (or perhaps much more) to get the same amount of your foreign currency due to the margin for the money conversion services costs like: commissions, credit card surcharges, ATM fees and other expenses. If, for example, you are using a credit card, this margin will typically be around 2 to 3 percent. We recommend that you choose the best place to make your money exchange because there can be a large difference between forex rates you will get..
In the example above for a 1000 Argentine Pesos amount, the result of the money conversion is 59.16 USD for a 2% margin or 59.74 USD for a 3% margin.
Some Internet based foreign currency exchange agencies add 10 percent or even more. So, if you make the same calculations above, there will be a difference of about 5.8 USD depending on which forex bank or agency you choose to exchange your money. So, that's why we advise you to seek the best place to get the best fx rates for your upcoming money transfer/exchange. The only way to know what is the best exchange rate is to know what the current rate is. You can easily accomplish this by using periodically our currency converter above to get an idea of what forex rate to expect.
Note: If you use our currency converter, you only need to choose the amount of margin in its drop-down list and have an estimate of how much you will pay to get the desired amount.
By the way: there are some notations for this currency pair like ARS-USD or ARSUSD among others. The currency symbol for Argentine Peso is ($a) while the currency symbol for US Dollar is ($). Note also that the Argentina country code is ARG or AR. The United States country code is USA or US
Argentine Peso Converters
- Argentine Peso to US Dollar ($)
- Argentine Peso to Euro (€)
- Argentine Peso to Indian Rupee (₹)
- Argentine Peso to United Kingdom Pound (£)
- Argentine Peso to Indonesian Rupiah (p)
- Argentine Peso to Canadian Dollar ($)
- Argentine Peso to Pakistani Rupee (Rs)
- Argentine Peso to Philippine Peso (₱)
- Argentine Peso to United Arab Emirates Dirham (Dh)
- Argentine Peso to Australian Dollar ($)
- Argentine Peso to Malaysian Ringgit (M)
- Argentine Peso to Swiss Franc (C)
- Argentine Peso to Chilean Peso ($)
- Argentine Peso to Serbian Dinar (din)
- Argentine Peso to Israeli Shekel (₪)
- Argentine Peso to New Taiwan Dollar (NT$)
- Argentine Peso to Moroccan Dirham (Dh)
- Argentine Peso to Sri Lanka Rupee (Rs)