Today, 61,000.00 (sixty one thousand) Australian Dollars are worth 61,538.25 Canadian Dollars, ie, $61,000.00 = $61,538.25. That's because the current exchange rate, used to convert to Canadian Dollars, is 1.01. So, to make Australian Dollar to Canadian Dollar conversion, you just need to multiply the amount in AUD by 1.01, the currency rate today.
Learn how to get the best Australian exchange rate before exchanging your money
The Australian Dollar is the official Australian currency. AUD/CAD represents the value of Australian money in Canadian money and it is called the 'exchange rate' or 'forex rate'. This exchange rate from Australian Dollar to Canadian Dollar is today at 1.009.
As an example, suppose you are from Ottawa Canada and you travel to Sydney Australia. There, you need to get 1000 Australian Dollars ($) at a Sydney bank to pay your hotel. In this case you would pay 1.009 * 1000 = 1009 Canadian Dollars ($). But, in practice, you will pay more (or perhaps much more) to get the same amount of your foreign currency due to the margin for the money conversion services costs like: commissions, credit card surcharges, ATM fees and other expenses. If, for example, you are using a credit card, this margin will typically be around 2 to 3 percent. We recommend that you choose the best place to make your money exchange because there can be a large difference between forex rates you will get..
In the example above for a 1000 Australian Dollars amount, the result of the money conversion is 1029.18 CAD for a 2% margin or 1039.27 CAD for a 3% margin.
Some Internet based foreign currency exchange agencies add 10 percent or even more. So, if you make the same calculations above, there will be a difference of about 100.9 CAD depending on which forex bank or agency you choose to exchange your money. So, that's why we advise you to seek the best place to get the best fx rates for your upcoming money transfer/exchange. The only way to know what is the best exchange rate is to know what the current rate is. You can easily accomplish this by using periodically our currency converter above to get an idea of what forex rate to expect.
Note: If you use our currency converter, you only need to choose the amount of margin in its drop-down list and have an estimate of how much you will pay to get the desired amount.
By the way: there are some notations for this currency pair like AUD-CAD or AUDCAD among others. The currency symbol for Australian Dollar is ($) while the currency symbol for Canadian Dollar is ($). Note also that the Australia country code is AUS or AU. The Canada country code is CAN or CA
Australian Dollar Converters
- Australian Dollar to US Dollar ($)
- Australian Dollar to Euro (€)
- Australian Dollar to Indian Rupee (₹)
- Australian Dollar to United Kingdom Pound (£)
- Australian Dollar to Indonesian Rupiah (p)
- Australian Dollar to Canadian Dollar ($)
- Australian Dollar to Pakistani Rupee (Rs)
- Australian Dollar to Philippine Peso (₱)
- Australian Dollar to United Arab Emirates Dirham (Dh)
- Australian Dollar to Malaysian Ringgit (M)
- Australian Dollar to Swiss Franc (C)
- Australian Dollar to Chilean Peso ($)
- Australian Dollar to Argentine Peso ($a)
- Australian Dollar to Serbian Dinar (din)
- Australian Dollar to Israeli Shekel (₪)
- Australian Dollar to New Taiwan Dollar (NT$)
- Australian Dollar to Moroccan Dirham (Dh)
- Australian Dollar to Sri Lanka Rupee (Rs)