Today, 1.00 (one) United Kingdom Pound is worth 1.13 Euro, ie, £1.00 = €1.13. That's because the current exchange rate, used to convert to Euro, is 1.13. So, to make United Kingdom Pound to Euro conversion, you just need to multiply the amount in GBP by 1.13, the currency rate today.
Learn how to get the best English exchange rate before exchanging your money
The United Kingdom Pound is the official English currency. GBP/EUR represents the value of English money in European money and it is called the 'exchange rate' or 'forex rate'. This exchange rate from United Kingdom Pound to Euro is today at 1.134.
As an example, suppose you are from Paris European Union and you travel to London UK. There, you need to get 1000 United Kingdom Pounds (£) at a London bank to pay your hotel. In this case you would pay 1.134 * 1000 = 1134 Euros (€). But, in practice, you will pay more (or perhaps much more) to get the same amount of your foreign currency due to the margin for the money conversion services costs like: commissions, credit card surcharges, ATM fees and other expenses. If, for example, you are using a credit card, this margin will typically be around 2 to 3 percent. We recommend that you choose the best place to make your money exchange because there can be a large difference between forex rates you will get..
In the example above for a 1000 United Kingdom Pounds amount, the result of the money conversion is 1156.68 EUR for a 2% margin or 1168.02 EUR for a 3% margin.
Some Internet based foreign currency exchange agencies add 10 percent or even more. So, if you make the same calculations above, there will be a difference of about 113.4 EUR depending on which forex bank or agency you choose to exchange your money. So, that's why we advise you to seek the best place to get the best fx rates for your upcoming money transfer/exchange. The only way to know what is the best exchange rate is to know what the current rate is. You can easily accomplish this by using periodically our currency converter above to get an idea of what forex rate to expect.
Note: If you use our currency converter, you only need to choose the amount of margin in its drop-down list and have an estimate of how much you will pay to get the desired amount.
By the way: there are some notations for this currency pair like GBP-EUR or GBPEUR among others. The currency symbol for United Kingdom Pound is (£) while the currency symbol for Euro is (€). Note also that the UK country code is GBR or GB.
United Kingdom Pound Converters
- United Kingdom Pound to US Dollar ($)
- United Kingdom Pound to Euro (€)
- United Kingdom Pound to Indian Rupee (₹)
- United Kingdom Pound to Indonesian Rupiah (p)
- United Kingdom Pound to Canadian Dollar ($)
- United Kingdom Pound to Pakistani Rupee (Rs)
- United Kingdom Pound to Philippine Peso (₱)
- United Kingdom Pound to United Arab Emirates Dirham (Dh)
- United Kingdom Pound to Australian Dollar ($)
- United Kingdom Pound to Malaysian Ringgit (M)
- United Kingdom Pound to Swiss Franc (C)
- United Kingdom Pound to Chilean Peso ($)
- United Kingdom Pound to Argentine Peso ($a)
- United Kingdom Pound to Serbian Dinar (din)
- United Kingdom Pound to Israeli Shekel (₪)
- United Kingdom Pound to New Taiwan Dollar (NT$)
- United Kingdom Pound to Moroccan Dirham (Dh)
- United Kingdom Pound to Sri Lanka Rupee (Rs)