Today, 1.00 (one) Ghana Cedi is worth 0.20 Euro, ie, GH₵1.00 = €0.20. That's because the current exchange rate, used to convert to Euro, is 0.20. So, to make Ghana Cedi to Euro conversion, you just need to multiply the amount in GHS by 0.20, the currency rate today.
Learn how to get the best Ghanaian exchange rate before exchanging your money
The Ghana Cedi is the official Ghanaian currency. GHS/EUR represents the value of Ghanaian money in European money and it is called the 'exchange rate' or 'forex rate'. This exchange rate from Ghana Cedi to Euro is today at 0.196.
As an example, suppose you are from Paris European Union and you travel to Accra Ghana. There, you need to get 1000 Ghana Cedis (GH₵) at a Accra bank to pay your hotel. In this case you would pay 0.196 * 1000 = 196 Euros (€). But, in practice, you will pay more (or perhaps much more) to get the same amount of your foreign currency due to the margin for the money conversion services costs like: commissions, credit card surcharges, ATM fees and other expenses. If, for example, you are using a credit card, this margin will typically be around 2 to 3 percent. We recommend that you choose the best place to make your money exchange because there can be a large difference between forex rates you will get..
In the example above for a 1000 Ghana Cedis amount, the result of the money conversion is 199.92 EUR for a 2% margin or 201.88 EUR for a 3% margin.
Some Internet based foreign currency exchange agencies add 10 percent or even more. So, if you make the same calculations above, there will be a difference of about 19.6 EUR depending on which forex bank or agency you choose to exchange your money. So, that's why we advise you to seek the best place to get the best fx rates for your upcoming money transfer/exchange. The only way to know what is the best exchange rate is to know what the current rate is. You can easily accomplish this by using periodically our currency converter above to get an idea of what forex rate to expect.
Note: If you use our currency converter, you only need to choose the amount of margin in its drop-down list and have an estimate of how much you will pay to get the desired amount.
By the way: there are some notations for this currency pair like GHS-EUR or GHSEUR among others. The currency symbol for Ghana Cedi is (GH₵) while the currency symbol for Euro is (€). Note also that the Ghana country code is GHA or GH.
Ghana Cedi Converters
- Ghana Cedi to US Dollar ($)
- Ghana Cedi to Euro (€)
- Ghana Cedi to Indian Rupee (₹)
- Ghana Cedi to United Kingdom Pound (£)
- Ghana Cedi to Indonesian Rupiah (p)
- Ghana Cedi to Canadian Dollar ($)
- Ghana Cedi to Pakistani Rupee (Rs)
- Ghana Cedi to Philippine Peso (₱)
- Ghana Cedi to United Arab Emirates Dirham (Dh)
- Ghana Cedi to Australian Dollar ($)
- Ghana Cedi to Malaysian Ringgit (M)
- Ghana Cedi to Swiss Franc (C)
- Ghana Cedi to Chilean Peso ($)
- Ghana Cedi to Argentine Peso ($a)
- Ghana Cedi to Serbian Dinar (din)
- Ghana Cedi to Israeli Shekel (₪)
- Ghana Cedi to New Taiwan Dollar (NT$)
- Ghana Cedi to Moroccan Dirham (Dh)
- Ghana Cedi to Sri Lanka Rupee (Rs)