Today, 1.00 (one) Canadian Dollar is worth 3.44 Malaysian Ringgit, ie, $1.00 = M3.44. That's because the current exchange rate, to MYR, is 3.44. So, to make Canadian Dollar to Malaysian Ringgit conversion, you just need to multiply the amount in CAD by 3.44.
Learn how to get the best Canadian exchange rate before exchanging your money
The Canadian Dollar is the official Canadian currency. CAD/MYR represents the value of Canadian money in Malaysian money and it is called the 'exchange rate' or 'forex rate'. This exchange rate from Canadian Dollar to Malaysian Ringgit is today at 3.436.
As an example, suppose you are from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and you travel to Ottawa Canada. There, you need to get 1000 Canadian Dollars ($) at a Ottawa bank to pay your hotel. In this case you would pay 3.436 * 1000 = 3436 Malaysian Ringgits (M). But, in practice, you will pay more (or perhaps much more) to get the same amount of your foreign currency due to the margin for the money conversion services costs like: commissions, credit card surcharges, ATM fees and other expenses. If, for example, you are using a credit card, this margin will typically be around 2 to 3 percent. We recommend that you choose the best place to make your money exchange because there can be a large difference between forex rates you will get.
In the example above for a 1000 Canadian Dollars amount, the result of the money conversion is 3504.72 MYR for a 2% margin or 3539.08 MYR for a 3% margin.
Some Internet based foreign currency exchange agencies add 10 percent or even more. So, if you make the same calculations above, there will be a difference of about 343.6 MYR depending on which forex bank or agency you choose to exchange your money. So, that's why we advise you to seek the best place to get the best fx rates for your upcoming money transfer/exchange. The only way to know what is the best exchange rate is to know what the current rate is. You can easily accomplish this by using periodically our currency converter above to get an idea of what forex rate to expect.
Note: If you use our currency converter, you only need to choose the amount of margin in its drop-down list and have an estimate of how much you will pay to get the desired amount.
By the way: there are some notations for this currency pair like CAD-MYR or CADMYR among others. The currency symbol for Canadian Dollar is ($) while the currency symbol for Malaysian Ringgit is (M). Note also that the Canada country code is CAN or CA. The Malaysia country code is MYS or MY
Canadian Dollar Converters
- Canadian Dollar to US Dollar ($)
- Canadian Dollar to Euro (€)
- Canadian Dollar to Indian Rupee (₹)
- Canadian Dollar to British Pound (£)
- Canadian Dollar to Indonesian Rupiah (p)
- Canadian Dollar to Pakistani Rupee (Rs)
- Canadian Dollar to Philippine Peso (₱)
- Canadian Dollar to United Arab Emirates Dirham (Dh)
- Canadian Dollar to Australian Dollar ($)
- Canadian Dollar to Malaysian Ringgit (M)
- Canadian Dollar to Swiss Franc (C)
- Canadian Dollar to Chilean Peso ($)
- Canadian Dollar to Argentine Peso ($a)
- Canadian Dollar to Serbian Dinar (din)
- Canadian Dollar to Israeli Shekel (₪)
- Canadian Dollar to New Taiwan Dollar (NT$)
- Canadian Dollar to Moroccan Dirham (Dh)
- Canadian Dollar to Sri Lanka Rupee (Rs)