Today, 17.49 Indonesian Rupiahs are worth 0.00 Canadian Dollars, ie, p17.49 = $0.00. That's because the current exchange rate, to CAD, is 0.00. So, to make Indonesian Rupiah to Canadian Dollar conversion, you just need to multiply the amount in IDR by 0.00.
Learn how to get the best Indonesian exchange rate before exchanging your money
The Indonesian Rupiah is the official Indonesian currency. IDR/CAD represents the value of Indonesian money in Canadian money and it is called the 'exchange rate' or 'forex rate'. This exchange rate from Indonesian Rupiah to Canadian Dollar is today at 0.000.
As an example, suppose you are from Ottawa Canada and you travel to Jakarta Indonesia. There, you need to get 1000 Indonesian Rupiahs (p) at a Jakarta bank to pay your hotel. In this case you would pay 0.000 * 1000 = 0 Canadian Dollars ($). But, in practice, you will pay more (or perhaps much more) to get the same amount of your foreign currency due to the margin for the money conversion services costs like: commissions, credit card surcharges, ATM fees and other expenses. If, for example, you are using a credit card, this margin will typically be around 2 to 3 percent. We recommend that you choose the best place to make your money exchange because there can be a large difference between forex rates you will get.
In the example above for a 1000 Indonesian Rupiahs amount, the result of the money conversion is 0 CAD for a 2% margin or 0 CAD for a 3% margin.
Some Internet based foreign currency exchange agencies add 10 percent or even more. So, if you make the same calculations above, there will be a difference of about 0 CAD depending on which forex bank or agency you choose to exchange your money. So, that's why we advise you to seek the best place to get the best fx rates for your upcoming money transfer/exchange. The only way to know what is the best exchange rate is to know what the current rate is. You can easily accomplish this by using periodically our currency converter above to get an idea of what forex rate to expect.
Note: If you use our currency converter, you only need to choose the amount of margin in its drop-down list and have an estimate of how much you will pay to get the desired amount.
By the way: there are some notations for this currency pair like IDR-CAD or IDRCAD among others. The currency symbol for Indonesian Rupiah is (p) while the currency symbol for Canadian Dollar is ($). Note also that the Indonesia country code is IDN or ID. The Canada country code is CAN or CA
Indonesian Rupiah Converters
- Indonesian Rupiah to US Dollar ($)
- Indonesian Rupiah to Euro (€)
- Indonesian Rupiah to Indian Rupee (₹)
- Indonesian Rupiah to British Pound (£)
- Indonesian Rupiah to Canadian Dollar ($)
- Indonesian Rupiah to Pakistani Rupee (Rs)
- Indonesian Rupiah to Philippine Peso (₱)
- Indonesian Rupiah to United Arab Emirates Dirham (Dh)
- Indonesian Rupiah to Australian Dollar ($)
- Indonesian Rupiah to Malaysian Ringgit (M)
- Indonesian Rupiah to Swiss Franc (C)
- Indonesian Rupiah to Chilean Peso ($)
- Indonesian Rupiah to Argentine Peso ($a)
- Indonesian Rupiah to Serbian Dinar (din)
- Indonesian Rupiah to Israeli Shekel (₪)
- Indonesian Rupiah to New Taiwan Dollar (NT$)
- Indonesian Rupiah to Moroccan Dirham (Dh)
- Indonesian Rupiah to Sri Lanka Rupee (Rs)