Today, 4.80 Israeli Shekels are worth 5.19 United Arab Emirates Dirhams, ie, ₪4.80 = Dh5.19. That's because the current exchange rate, to AED, is 1.08. So, to make Israeli Shekel to United Arab Emirates Dirham conversion, you just need to multiply the amount in ILS by 1.08.
Learn how to get the best Israeli exchange rate before exchanging your money
The Israeli Shekel is the official Israeli currency. ILS/AED represents the value of Israeli money in Arabian money and it is called the 'exchange rate' or 'forex rate'. This exchange rate from Israeli Shekel to United Arab Emirates Dirham is today at 1.081.
As an example, suppose you are from Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates and you travel to Jerusalem* Israel. There, you need to get 1000 Israeli Shekels (₪) at a Jerusalem* bank to pay your hotel. In this case you would pay 1.081 * 1000 = 1081 United Arab Emirates Dirhams (Dh). But, in practice, you will pay more (or perhaps much more) to get the same amount of your foreign currency due to the margin for the money conversion services costs like: commissions, credit card surcharges, ATM fees and other expenses. If, for example, you are using a credit card, this margin will typically be around 2 to 3 percent. We recommend that you choose the best place to make your money exchange because there can be a large difference between forex rates you will get.
In the example above for a 1000 Israeli Shekels amount, the result of the money conversion is 1102.62 AED for a 2% margin or 1113.43 AED for a 3% margin.
Some Internet based foreign currency exchange agencies add 10 percent or even more. So, if you make the same calculations above, there will be a difference of about 108.1 AED depending on which forex bank or agency you choose to exchange your money. So, that's why we advise you to seek the best place to get the best fx rates for your upcoming money transfer/exchange. The only way to know what is the best exchange rate is to know what the current rate is. You can easily accomplish this by using periodically our currency converter above to get an idea of what forex rate to expect.
Note: If you use our currency converter, you only need to choose the amount of margin in its drop-down list and have an estimate of how much you will pay to get the desired amount.
By the way: there are some notations for this currency pair like ILS-AED or ILSAED among others. The currency symbol for Israeli Shekel is (₪) while the currency symbol for United Arab Emirates Dirham is (Dh). Note also that the Israel country code is ISR or IL. The United Arab Emirates country code is ARE or AE
Israeli Shekel Converters
- Israeli Shekel to US Dollar ($)
- Israeli Shekel to Euro (€)
- Israeli Shekel to Indian Rupee (₹)
- Israeli Shekel to British Pound (£)
- Israeli Shekel to Indonesian Rupiah (p)
- Israeli Shekel to Canadian Dollar ($)
- Israeli Shekel to Pakistani Rupee (Rs)
- Israeli Shekel to Philippine Peso (₱)
- Israeli Shekel to United Arab Emirates Dirham (Dh)
- Israeli Shekel to Australian Dollar ($)
- Israeli Shekel to Malaysian Ringgit (M)
- Israeli Shekel to Swiss Franc (C)
- Israeli Shekel to Chilean Peso ($)
- Israeli Shekel to Argentine Peso ($a)
- Israeli Shekel to Serbian Dinar (din)
- Israeli Shekel to New Taiwan Dollar (NT$)
- Israeli Shekel to Moroccan Dirham (Dh)
- Israeli Shekel to Sri Lanka Rupee (Rs)