Today, 52.00 (fifty two) Philippine Pesos are worth 0.95 Dollars, ie, ₱52.00 = $0.95. That's because the current exchange rate, to USD, is 0.02. So, to make Philippine Peso to Dollar conversion, you just need to multiply the amount in PHP by 0.02.
Learn how to get the best Philippine exchange rate before exchanging your money
The Philippine Peso is the official Philippine currency. PHP/USD represents the value of Philippine money in American money and it is called the 'exchange rate' or 'forex rate'. This exchange rate from Philippine Peso to US Dollar is today at 0.018.
As an example, suppose you are from New york or in Los Angeles United States and you travel to Manila Philippines. There, you need to get 1000 Philippine Pesos (₱) at a Manila bank to pay your hotel. In this case you would pay 0.018 * 1000 = 18 US Dollars ($). But, in practice, you will pay more (or perhaps much more) to get the same amount of your foreign currency due to the margin for the money conversion services costs like: commissions, credit card surcharges, ATM fees and other expenses. If, for example, you are using a credit card, this margin will typically be around 2 to 3 percent. We recommend that you choose the best place to make your money exchange because there can be a large difference between forex rates you will get.
In the example above for a 1000 Philippine Pesos amount, the result of the money conversion is 18.36 USD for a 2% margin or 18.54 USD for a 3% margin.
Some Internet based foreign currency exchange agencies add 10 percent or even more. So, if you make the same calculations above, there will be a difference of about 1.8 USD depending on which forex bank or agency you choose to exchange your money. So, that's why we advise you to seek the best place to get the best fx rates for your upcoming money transfer/exchange. The only way to know what is the best exchange rate is to know what the current rate is. You can easily accomplish this by using periodically our currency converter above to get an idea of what forex rate to expect.
Note: If you use our currency converter, you only need to choose the amount of margin in its drop-down list and have an estimate of how much you will pay to get the desired amount.
By the way: there are some notations for this currency pair like PHP-USD or PHPUSD among others. The currency symbol for Philippine Peso is (₱) while the currency symbol for US Dollar is ($). Note also that the Philippines country code is PHL or PH. The United States country code is USA or US
Philippine Peso Converters
- Philippine Peso to US Dollar ($)
- Philippine Peso to Euro (€)
- Philippine Peso to Indian Rupee (₹)
- Philippine Peso to British Pound (£)
- Philippine Peso to Indonesian Rupiah (p)
- Philippine Peso to Canadian Dollar ($)
- Philippine Peso to Pakistani Rupee (Rs)
- Philippine Peso to United Arab Emirates Dirham (Dh)
- Philippine Peso to Australian Dollar ($)
- Philippine Peso to Malaysian Ringgit (M)
- Philippine Peso to Swiss Franc (C)
- Philippine Peso to Chilean Peso ($)
- Philippine Peso to Argentine Peso ($a)
- Philippine Peso to Serbian Dinar (din)
- Philippine Peso to Israeli Shekel (₪)
- Philippine Peso to New Taiwan Dollar (NT$)
- Philippine Peso to Moroccan Dirham (Dh)
- Philippine Peso to Sri Lanka Rupee (Rs)