Today, 99.49 British Pounds are worth 508.49 United Arab Emirates Dirhams, ie, £99.49 = Dh508.49. That's because the current exchange rate, to AED, is 5.11. So, to make British Pound to United Arab Emirates Dirham conversion, you just need to multiply the amount in GBP by 5.11.
Learn how to get the best English exchange rate before exchanging your money
The British Pound is the official English currency. GBP/AED represents the value of English money in Arabian money and it is called the 'exchange rate' or 'forex rate'. This exchange rate from British Pound to United Arab Emirates Dirham is today at 5.111.
As an example, suppose you are from Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates and you travel to London UK. There, you need to get 1000 British Pounds (£) at a London bank to pay your hotel. In this case you would pay 5.111 * 1000 = 5111 United Arab Emirates Dirhams (Dh). But, in practice, you will pay more (or perhaps much more) to get the same amount of your foreign currency due to the margin for the money conversion services costs like: commissions, credit card surcharges, ATM fees and other expenses. If, for example, you are using a credit card, this margin will typically be around 2 to 3 percent. We recommend that you choose the best place to make your money exchange because there can be a large difference between forex rates you will get.
In the example above for a 1000 British Pounds amount, the result of the money conversion is 5213.22 AED for a 2% margin or 5264.33 AED for a 3% margin.
Some Internet based foreign currency exchange agencies add 10 percent or even more. So, if you make the same calculations above, there will be a difference of about 511.1 AED depending on which forex bank or agency you choose to exchange your money. So, that's why we advise you to seek the best place to get the best fx rates for your upcoming money transfer/exchange. The only way to know what is the best exchange rate is to know what the current rate is. You can easily accomplish this by using periodically our currency converter above to get an idea of what forex rate to expect.
Note: If you use our currency converter, you only need to choose the amount of margin in its drop-down list and have an estimate of how much you will pay to get the desired amount.
By the way: there are some notations for this currency pair like GBP-AED or GBPAED among others. The currency symbol for British Pound is (£) while the currency symbol for United Arab Emirates Dirham is (Dh). Note also that the UK country code is GBR or GB. The United Arab Emirates country code is ARE or AE
British Pound Converters
- British Pound to US Dollar ($)
- British Pound to Euro (€)
- British Pound to Indian Rupee (₹)
- British Pound to Indonesian Rupiah (p)
- British Pound to Canadian Dollar ($)
- British Pound to Pakistani Rupee (Rs)
- British Pound to Philippine Peso (₱)
- British Pound to United Arab Emirates Dirham (Dh)
- British Pound to Australian Dollar ($)
- British Pound to Malaysian Ringgit (M)
- British Pound to Swiss Franc (C)
- British Pound to Chilean Peso ($)
- British Pound to Argentine Peso ($a)
- British Pound to Serbian Dinar (din)
- British Pound to Israeli Shekel (₪)
- British Pound to New Taiwan Dollar (NT$)
- British Pound to Moroccan Dirham (Dh)
- British Pound to Sri Lanka Rupee (Rs)