Today, 1.00 (one) Indian Rupee is worth 0.01 Dollar, ie, ₹1.00 = $0.01. That's because the current exchange rate, to USD, is 0.01. So, to make Indian Rupee to Dollar conversion, you just need to multiply the amount in INR by 0.01.
Learn how to get the best Indian exchange rate before exchanging your money
The Indian Rupee is the official Indian currency. INR/USD represents the value of Indian money in American money and it is called the 'exchange rate' or 'forex rate'. This exchange rate from Indian Rupee to US Dollar is today at 0.012.
As an example, suppose you are from New york or in Los Angeles United States and you travel to New Delhi India. There, you need to get 1000 Indian Rupees (₹) at a New Delhi bank to pay your hotel. In this case you would pay 0.012 * 1000 = 12 US Dollars ($). But, in practice, you will pay more (or perhaps much more) to get the same amount of your foreign currency due to the margin for the money conversion services costs like: commissions, credit card surcharges, ATM fees and other expenses. If, for example, you are using a credit card, this margin will typically be around 2 to 3 percent. We recommend that you choose the best place to make your money exchange because there can be a large difference between forex rates you will get.
In the example above for a 1000 Indian Rupees amount, the result of the money conversion is 12.24 USD for a 2% margin or 12.36 USD for a 3% margin.
Some Internet based foreign currency exchange agencies add 10 percent or even more. So, if you make the same calculations above, there will be a difference of about 1.2 USD depending on which forex bank or agency you choose to exchange your money. So, that's why we advise you to seek the best place to get the best fx rates for your upcoming money transfer/exchange. The only way to know what is the best exchange rate is to know what the current rate is. You can easily accomplish this by using periodically our currency converter above to get an idea of what forex rate to expect.
Note: If you use our currency converter, you only need to choose the amount of margin in its drop-down list and have an estimate of how much you will pay to get the desired amount.
By the way: there are some notations for this currency pair like INR-USD or INRUSD among others. The currency symbol for Indian Rupee is (₹) while the currency symbol for US Dollar is ($). Note also that the India country code is IND or IN. The United States country code is USA or US
Indian Rupee Converters
- Indian Rupee to US Dollar ($)
- Indian Rupee to Euro (€)
- Indian Rupee to British Pound (£)
- Indian Rupee to Indonesian Rupiah (p)
- Indian Rupee to Canadian Dollar ($)
- Indian Rupee to Pakistani Rupee (Rs)
- Indian Rupee to Philippine Peso (₱)
- Indian Rupee to United Arab Emirates Dirham (Dh)
- Indian Rupee to Australian Dollar ($)
- Indian Rupee to Malaysian Ringgit (M)
- Indian Rupee to Swiss Franc (C)
- Indian Rupee to Chilean Peso ($)
- Indian Rupee to Argentine Peso ($a)
- Indian Rupee to Serbian Dinar (din)
- Indian Rupee to Israeli Shekel (₪)
- Indian Rupee to New Taiwan Dollar (NT$)
- Indian Rupee to Moroccan Dirham (Dh)
- Indian Rupee to Sri Lanka Rupee (Rs)