Today, 2.20 Canadian Dollars are worth 2.41 Australian Dollars, ie, $2.20 = $2.41. That's because the current exchange rate, to AUD, is 1.09. So, to make Canadian Dollar to Australian Dollar conversion, you just need to multiply the amount in CAD by 1.09.
Learn how to get the best Canadian exchange rate before exchanging your money
The Canadian Dollar is the official Canadian currency. CAD/AUD represents the value of Canadian money in Australian money and it is called the 'exchange rate' or 'forex rate'. This exchange rate from Canadian Dollar to Australian Dollar is today at 1.093.
As an example, suppose you are from Sydney Australia and you travel to Ottawa Canada. There, you need to get 1000 Canadian Dollars ($) at a Ottawa bank to pay your hotel. In this case you would pay 1.093 * 1000 = 1093 Australian Dollars ($). But, in practice, you will pay more (or perhaps much more) to get the same amount of your foreign currency due to the margin for the money conversion services costs like: commissions, credit card surcharges, ATM fees and other expenses. If, for example, you are using a credit card, this margin will typically be around 2 to 3 percent. We recommend that you choose the best place to make your money exchange because there can be a large difference between forex rates you will get.
In the example above for a 1000 Canadian Dollars amount, the result of the money conversion is 1114.86 AUD for a 2% margin or 1125.79 AUD for a 3% margin.
Some Internet based foreign currency exchange agencies add 10 percent or even more. So, if you make the same calculations above, there will be a difference of about 109.3 AUD depending on which forex bank or agency you choose to exchange your money. So, that's why we advise you to seek the best place to get the best fx rates for your upcoming money transfer/exchange. The only way to know what is the best exchange rate is to know what the current rate is. You can easily accomplish this by using periodically our currency converter above to get an idea of what forex rate to expect.
Note: If you use our currency converter, you only need to choose the amount of margin in its drop-down list and have an estimate of how much you will pay to get the desired amount.
By the way: there are some notations for this currency pair like CAD-AUD or CADAUD among others. The currency symbol for Canadian Dollar is ($) while the currency symbol for Australian Dollar is ($). Note also that the Canada country code is CAN or CA. The Australia country code is AUS or AU
Canadian Dollar Converters
- Canadian Dollar to US Dollar ($)
- Canadian Dollar to Euro (€)
- Canadian Dollar to Indian Rupee (₹)
- Canadian Dollar to British Pound (£)
- Canadian Dollar to Indonesian Rupiah (p)
- Canadian Dollar to Pakistani Rupee (Rs)
- Canadian Dollar to Philippine Peso (₱)
- Canadian Dollar to United Arab Emirates Dirham (Dh)
- Canadian Dollar to Australian Dollar ($)
- Canadian Dollar to Malaysian Ringgit (M)
- Canadian Dollar to Swiss Franc (C)
- Canadian Dollar to Chilean Peso ($)
- Canadian Dollar to Argentine Peso ($a)
- Canadian Dollar to Serbian Dinar (din)
- Canadian Dollar to Israeli Shekel (₪)
- Canadian Dollar to New Taiwan Dollar (NT$)
- Canadian Dollar to Moroccan Dirham (Dh)
- Canadian Dollar to Sri Lanka Rupee (Rs)